Girls Soccer Claws Out a Win Against 6A Tigard

Wildcats easily take the win 8-1 over 6A Tigard!

Kenley+Whittaker+scoring+on+a+penalty+kick.+

Maddie Holly

Kenley Whittaker scoring on a penalty kick.

The Wilsonville Wildcats girls soccer put on a show at 6A Tigard High School on Monday, September 20th. The Wildcats easily won 8-1, keeping their winning streak alive. The Wildcats are undefeated this season at 5-0 and ranked number one by OSAA. 

To start the first half, Wilsonville quickly put two goals on the board, putting pressure on Tigard’s defense. To end the first half, sophomore Kenley Whittaker scored on an assist from sophomore Brianna Crane, which put the Wildcats up 3-0. Despite Wilsonville’s lockdown defense, Tigard managed to score a goal near the end of the first half, making the score 3-1 going into halftime.

At the beginning of the second half, Crane quickly tallied up another goal on a follow up making the score 4-1. On defense, senior Karina Borgen demonstrated textbook lockdown defense shutting Tigard down on multiple occasions. Senior Lindsey Antonson and Whittaker were the dynamic duo in the second half. Antonson had two goals in the second half, both being assisted by Whittaker, leading the Wildcats to be up by 5. Towards the end of second half,  the Wildcats secured some insurance goals on a penalty kick goal from Whittaker and a goal from sophomore Caroline de la Motte making the score 8-1. Regardless of the score, Tigard managed to keep good pressure on the Wildcat offense and defense. However, Tigard was unable to score throughout the remainder of the second half leading to a Wildcat win with the final score of 8-1. 

The Wildcats take on Sherwood on September 23rd at 7pm at home. Come cheer on our Wildcats!