What will students be wearing to homecoming?

Hopefully a mask!

Siona Ruud trying on her Homecoming dress!

Students At Wilsonville High School have been struggling to figure out a homecoming outfit plan for this school year. Whether they want to dress up, stand out, or keep it plain and simple. Either way, its a good thing to be comfortable in what you are wearing!

After speaking with a Malia Kaleikilo, a freshman at WVHS, she describes her attire: “[she is] wearing a short black fitted dress from Princess Polly, gold jewelry, a black purse, and black heels.” She explains that her friend is also dressing up for their first high school event, with a short blue dress from Lucy In The Sky, along with accessories, silvery jewelry, white heels, and a white purse. Overall, it seems to be the trend this year is shorter to mid-length dresses. Unlike the freshman girls, one of the freshman boys is dressing up a little more for hoco. Recent student at WVHS Gianni Torrez is wearing a bold statement with an all black suit and a “more than casual” jacket, along with gold jewelry. He is definitely going for a fancier look for this year’s homecoming. Although, he mentions that he is unaware of his classmates outfits, but is thinking they are more casual than his.

For sophomores, they are also following the trends of dressing pretty nice for homecoming! Alina Jakobson is wearing a sparkly dress with a slight blue tint– “I went for a more ‘party’ look,” she explains– but has a feeling that people will be wearing more formal than party. Grace Tueke supports this theory, they are planning on wearing a black blazer with pleaded pants and high heel boots. While this may seem “untraditional” to others, Grace believes it is important to wear what you want to, and not care what others think. The boys are keeping it traditional this year for sophomores according to Mason Seal; him and others are planning on keeping it simple but still dressed up with a black suit and cravat tie!

2019 Homecoming Princess Claudia Molatore, a junior at WVHS, is planning on, in her words, “keeping it classy,” with a fitted mesh black and beige short dress. She comments that she anticipates that short will also be pretty common for the juniors and other grades in general. While the junior girls are pretty set on what they want to wear, Preston Jeffords is waiting until he knows his plans. This is described to be the case for other students as well. Whether they dress up or down often depends on whether or not they have a date. In Preston’s case, if he does have a date, he will be wearing a black tux with a red bow tie. In the case of going with friends or not having a date, he will plan on wearing something more casual, blue hoodie, blue jeans, and some vans. Either way, he is excited to have the experience and suggests wear what you want!

As it is seniors last homecoming of their High School experience, some are saddened, although others think of this as an opportunity to dress up. just as they did before COVID hit. Senior Sydnie Bierma is wearing a one shoulder silk dress, and is aware that other girls in her grade are wearing long sleeve dresses. Jewelry wise, Sydnie is wearing some jewelry from Shein, and her friend Tatum Lubisich is wearing Altar’d State! Joshua Ruud, a fellow senior, is wearing a button up with black jeans. He states that although it is his last year here at WVHS, he wants to wear what feels comfortable for him, and not what others want him to wear.

I believe Josh Ruud’s statement to be true, no matter what others are wearing, be comfortable in what you are. Just don’t forget your masks!