Forecasting for the 2022-2023 school year

Lorianne Servignat

Forecasting is from April 4th to April 8th. What classes are you going to choose?

Forecasting for the 2022-2023 school year is fast approaching, so how do you know what classes are going to be the best fit for you? There are so many different classes, electives, and things to learn at Wilsonville high school. 

As an incoming freshman you do not have a lot of choice when it comes to your schedule. There are two AP classes, you have to take all four core classes and a language. There is not much room for electives but there are many to choose from. Freshman Gabby Maoz sheds some light on what class she loves, “Life sports, because it is fun and I had friends in the class and I liked when it was sunny.”

Sophomore year you get a little more wiggle room in your classes, you can take harder AP classes and the choices for math are more flexible as well. Sophomore Braxton Bekoy says that her favorite class is, “Modern US history because I think it is really interesting to learn about what happened in the past.”

When you reach your junior year the classes that you can take multiply. You have an option in almost every area of learning, and can take so many different AP classes. By the time you are a junior you know what you like and dislike and can either try something new or stick to what you love. Junior Max Willard explains what his favorite class is, “Computer programming because, I want to be a software engineer, so it’s helping me with my future.”

Your senior year is when you have the most flexibility in your schedule, you have done the three credits of social studies, math, and science that you need. There are a plethora of electives that you can choose from. Senior Trey Arzie talks about his favorite class, “Post WWII American culture because it is a discussion based class and we get to watch some good movies.”

There are so many learning opportunities at Wilsonville, so taking advantage of that will make your high school experience richer.