Prom 2023: A night in Paris

Lana Campbell

Senior Anna Jardin and her boyfriend/date Teddy Skyler taking pictures and preparing for the prom in 2022. The two are excited to celebrate their second and final prom together this year. Photo provided by Anna Jardin.

Prom is right around the corner for the upperclassmen of Wilsonville High School! With the onset of a night that is sure to remember, students have some questions about the dance and overall preparation for prom.

Students should be aware that the theme for prom this year is “A Night in Paris.”  According to junior Sophia Levesque, the colors of the night are blue, black, silver, and gold; and the night is sure to be one to remember.

“There will be snacks and tables set up with cards and activities.” Levesque explains the hard work the student council has put into planning this special night for the upperclassmen of Wilsonville.

“As far as the music goes, we will have the same DJ we use for all the other dances, so nothing new.” Students may also submit their song requests from the dance via the link in their emails.

Additionally, teacher advisor CJ Koll adds that the council has thought about what can be improved based on last year’s prom.

“There will be refreshments, like snacks, not necessarily meals; but, there will definitely be plenty of water provided.” Mr. Koll and the junior student council have reflected on feedback from prom 2022 and have thought about all of the best ways to ensure everyone remains having a good time.

Mr. Koll also pointed out the importance of preparation for the event. Students should note that there will be no tickets sold at the door, so make sure to buy your ticket ahead of time from the bookkeeper.

While prom is an amazing night full of music, dance, and fun with your friends, students should remember that the dance is a school sanctioned event. Each student (and students from other schools) should keep in mind to uphold the same rules and expectations that apply at school and accurately represent themselves and their school community.