Regionals State

The students at Wilsonville High School work very hard for everything, but one group of kids that work very hard and are naturally talented are the ones in the theatre department.

I would like to believe that I speak for myself and many other when I say the performance all the students put on for Night on Broadway was absolutely spectacular. Night on Broadway is their practice run for all the scenes they are taking to competition for Regionals. All of these students of different age ranges from freshman to seniors performed their hearts away on the stage. Every scene, or solo, or even duet they put on was astonishing, and these students took these amazing scenes with them to the Regional Competition.

Regionals is a competition where students from the same part of the state compete with scenes, and receives feedback on their scenes based on a scoring guide. At Regionals, the top 20 percent of students in an event category receive a Regional Qualifier award, and the top 10 percent of students in a category get the chance to compete with their scenes at the State Thespian Competition. Twelve students from the Wilsonville Theatre Department got the chance to go compete at State with their scenes.