Filed under Arts

A preview of the ‘Out of this World’ art exhibit

Senior+Melody+Jones%27+digital+art+piece+advertising+the+upcoming+robotics+event+and+space-themed+art+exhibition.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Melody Jones' digital art piece advertising the upcoming robotics event and space-themed art exhibition.

Melody Jones

Melody Jones

Melody Jones

‘Cosmic’ and ‘otherworldly’ are accurate ways to describe the upcoming art exhibit at Wilsonville High School. The gallery will be space-themed and presented at the First Robotics Pacific Northwest District Event. Students of varying art levels and forms have been accumulating a collection of celestial pieces for the exhibition. 

Melody Jones, a senior in AP Art, has spent the past few weeks fine-tuning a digital advertisement for the event. Jones designed the stellar piece using Adobe Photoshop. It incorporates an astronaut’s helmet overlaying a radiant galaxy in the background.

“I like how I made it my own and took inspiration from what I felt resided with me,” Jones specified, as she reflected on her completed graphic poster.  

Viewers should expect to see many other eye-catching pieces similar to Jones’. Students such as senior Alexis Leon-Guerrero have been gathering extraordinary individual pieces for the showcase. Leon-Guerrero’s sole piece mirrors her food-based composition (theme) for her year in AP Art. Her piece for the exhibit is an acrylic painting of Doritos floating in space.

Some of the artists have also created cut-out boards of astronauts and aliens to make the exhibit not only visually appealing, but interactive with the audience. In tandem with the variation of fine artwork, an outer space landscape mural will be presented at the robotics event. With all of these dazzling individual and group art contributions, the gallery will certainly be a surreal experience for the audience.

“It is going to be very much out of this world, and extravagant. People who come should expect a wacky and fun day of enjoying art,” emphasized Jones.

The exhibit will be held in the lobby area around the gym at Wilsonville High School in correlation with the Robotics competition. The robotics competition will take place between 10:00 am and 6 pm on March 8th, and 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on the 9th.  

About the Writer
Mackenzie Waterfield, Staff Writer

Mackenzie is a senior at Wilsonville High School. This is her first semester as a staff writer on the Paw Print. Mackenzie looks forward to covering student...