Filed under Academics

AP mock exam week

Back to Article
Back to Article

AP mock exam week

Students have used their review books to study for their mock exams. Now, they will be used to prepare the last few details for the real AP exams,

Melody Garcia Gonzalez

Melody Garcia Gonzalez

Melody Garcia Gonzalez

AP testing is approaching, and rapidly. Students and teachers feel the pressure and need to answer any last minute questions and study the areas where more clarification is needed.

To get an idea of what the test will look like and highlights the areas where students could use some more studying, many teachers give their students an AP mock exam. AP mock exams are not your typical one more to one hour and half exam. They last all week for the entirety of the class period.

Due to the timing of AP classes and their correlation with the actual AP tests, the majority of teachers decide to give their students this exam the week before AP testing.  For students who are taking multiple AP classes that means multiple mock exams in one week in addition to their regular classwork and extracurriculars.

This week, students were tested in their ability to study for multiple exams, receiving a grade that they felt good with, not getting behind in other classes, and continue to participate in their extracurriculars. Some may say that this week is more grueling that the actual AP test week because they had multiple subjects to study for instead of just being able to study and focus for the one exam at a time. On top of this, students may have an entire school day of testing as oppose to the possible 3 to 4 hours of testing during the actual exam.

All that can be said after this week is that they got through the rough patch and are onto the last stretch of the race.

About the Contributor
Melody Garcia Gonzalez, Staff Writer

Melody García-González is a junior at Wilsonville High School. She is a staff writer for the Paw Print. This is her first year writing for the Newspaper....