What it means to be a student at Wilsonville High School

What does it mean to be a student at Wilsonville High School? As a senior, I have spent my last four years realizing what this means.

Being a student at Wilsonville means that you don’t have to drive the nicest car or have the most money to be considered “cool.” Similarly, you don’t have to be “cool” to have friends or feel important or have an amazing high school experience.

Being a student at Wilsonville means that I will nearly always be able to get help with whatever I need! Be it the transition from being a teenager to adulthood, or schoolwork confusion or life advice; through our incredible faculty and staff administration, students nearly always feel their needs are met and exceeded. Our teachers take time out of their personal days and lunch hours to ensure this type of environment. I have never felt as though I have had to do anything on my own without guidance, help, and even just support from my counselor, Ms. Tucker, or my teachers that genuinely care about how I’m doing as an individual.

Being a student at Wilsonville means that you can walk through the hallways and know tons of different types of people who will smile at you and create a friendly environment. People that you might not have spoken to since freshman year, but still smile and make an effort to be kind.

Being a student at Wilsonville means that the four years spent here will be some of the best of your life. I never would have thought freshman year that my high school experience would be so life changing(in the best way), but I’m thankful to say that I recommend Wilsonville High 100 percent and know full well I would not be who I am today without it. Thanks, Wildcats!