Environmental action club

Back to Article
Back to Article

Environmental action club

The clubs possible theme for October

The clubs possible theme for October

The clubs possible theme for October

The clubs possible theme for October

The environmental action club is an amazing club run by Mr. Schauer and many other students like Ainsley Mayes & Gabrielle Guertin. I had the opportunity to talk to Ainsley about the club and we discussed what they were all about. Their main goal is to educate students at Wilsonville high school about the environment and all of the things affecting our world like climate change and other major matters. This club was started by Mr. Schauer and 2 seniors a couple years back and sense then it has been coming to light and getting revamped up but then having no one to pick it back up the next year but that is the goal of Ainsley and Gabrielle and a bunch of other students. They are planning to put good effort into making the club a success this year then continuing it until they graduate. Plus they to hand it down to other students that plan on continuing the club to its fullest potential. As of now they are planning to do monthly themes to focus on different topics. The month of September was Students Can Make a Change. The month of October they are planning to focus on the Three R’s. Reuse, reduce, and recycle. They will focus on what we can do related to those r’s and how it helps the environment. They also plan to talk about different eating habits and how what you eat can also contribute to the world around you. If this is something you are interested in and want to be a part of you can visit Mr. Schauer’s room #104 for more information and questions on when they meet.