Scholastic Art And Writing Awards wrap up

This+is+one+of+the+many+art+pieces+from+Wilsonville+High+School+that+won+a+Golden+Key+Award+this+year.+This+photograph+was+taken+by+Chanelle+Woods.+

Chanelle Woods

This is one of the many art pieces from Wilsonville High School that won a Golden Key Award this year. This photograph was taken by Chanelle Woods.

This year, many of the talented artists and writers at our school participated in the Scholastic Art And Writing awards! For those who don’t know, the Scholastic Art And Writing awards is an organization that has groups around the nation working to share and award young artists and writers for their talents. There are multiple awards students can win, including recognition awards, which are listed as the gold key, silver key, honorable mention, American visions nominee, and American voices nominee awards. Some students can also gain the opportunity to receive direct scholarships or tuition assistance. In this year’s awards, out of 122 entries, 70 of our artists were awarded!

Those who won a gold key are Lorelei Cunningham, Sydney Leveque, Megan McGuire, Carly Shanklin, and Chanelle Woods, all of whom are Seniors. These five recipients will have their art considered for national awards, which include the gold medal, silver medal with distinction, silver Medal, and direct scholarship awards that were mentioned earlier.

There are also twelve others who earned the silver keys. They are Maxwell Carson, Ellie Counts, Madeline Downs, Yelena Gengelhoff, Jay Farr, Gracie Kaftan, Sydney Leveque, Paul Liu, Megan McGuire, Anabelle Nothwang, Ella Rice, and Carly Shanklin.

And finally, there are nineteen honorable mentions. Those include Ellie Counts, Madeline Downs, Yelena Gangelhoff, Alondra Gomez-Barajas, Sofia Gordon, Gracie Kaftan, Ben Kaufman, Audre Hunde, Sydney Leveque, Megan McGuire, Masha Miranova, Briana Palacpac, Ella Rice, Carly Shanklin, Roxana Soleto-Laureano, Kait Steele, Chanelle Woods, Stephanie Yang, and Jocelyn Zamora.

Congratulations to those who participated! A digital showcase of all WVHS student art that was submitted will be coming soon to display all of our schools’ amazing work. And for those who may be interested in participating in the 2022 scholastic art awards or simply wanting to join the art club, you can contact Mrs. Escobar with her email ([email protected]) or you could visit the Scholastic Art and Writing awards website (https://www.artandwriting.org) for more information.