Summer fashion trends students would not like to see

Reese Buchanan, Staff Writer

As much as students may love summer, they do not, however, love all of the summer fashion choices. Some summer fashion choices aren’t all that, and they should stay in the past. 

Abbie Memmott, a junior, explains one summer trend she would not like to see. Memmott explains that “I wouldn’t like to see mesh shirts because they are really itchy and can leave bad tan lines.” Mesh shirts are something that have been popular in the past, and still continue to be seen throughout the summer. However, wearing a mesh shirt isn’t comfortable because it can be extremely scratchy. 

Malia Kaleikilo, a sophomore, can’t stand it when every summer the Hawaiian flower shirt trend comes back. Malia announces that “I don’t like it when guys wear Hawaiian print shirts, it comes back every summer and I hate it.” The Hawaiian print shirts are something you see people wearing all the time. However, it isn’t the greatest trend to follow, no matter how popular it is. 

Whether it be mesh or Hawaiian print shirts, there are just some summer fashion trends that should stay in the past and not make a comeback. 

Mackenzie Small, another sophomore, hopes that the skinny jorts do not make an appearance this summer. Small goes into more detail, explaining that, “I definitely hope I don’t see skinny jorts, specifically the knee-length ones for men because they are so unflattering.” Skinny jorts, especially the ones that are knee length, are something that is uncomplimentary and should not become a popular trend this summer. 

As the summer approaches, there are many different outfit trends and choices that should not make an appearance. From mesh shirts to skinny, knee-length jorts to even Hawaiian print shirts, some summer styles should stay in the past.