Winter Formal review

Emily Swenson, Catie Stamnes, and Emily Harms

Ah, Winter Formal has come and passed again.

While the dance may bear a different name it was exactly the same as Homecoming. People overcrowding the front, shoving between the underclassmen and upperclassmen, and the smell of sweat combined with puffs.

A positive for the dance was the addition of pre-purchasing tickets which allowed for entrance into the dance to be very easy.

The dance itself was a disappointment as there was no room to dance. The problem with the dance is that the DJ is like a light and the students are like moths. The crowd tends to want to get as close to the DJ as possible but then this results in pushing and shoving. The DJ also can not do his job and asks every ten minutes for people to “Back it up.”

The dances need changes. Dances are meant to be held to let students relax and have some fun but in recent years the high school dances have been anything but that and a lot of students tend to leave dances early now or just not show up.

Catie Stamnes, a senior at Wilsonville, had this to say about the dance “Winter formal is always crazy and it’s sad to know this will be my last school dance, but at least I got to spend it with the people I love.” Dances may be hectic or not live up to your expectations but in the end it still provides an avenue for friends to get together and have a good time before, during, and after the dance.