Students face freezing temperatures

Lorianne Servignat

Sophomore Kat Ellet shivers during fourth period. She forgot her jacket at home and doesn’t know how to get warm.

As the winter months start to begin, students at Wilsonville are wondering if the school will make changes to the temperature inside.

Many students are frustrated with the below-zero temperatures that the school is experiencing. Hardly any students can make it through the day without shivering.

Talia Valdez details, “It’s very frustrating because I don’t know what to wear during the day because I always have to have a jacket, and that ruins my outfit.” Some students are sporting up to 3 layers of clothing to keep themselves warm. 

This not only halters fashion choices that students make to showcase their individuality. But also hinders the learning process to a certain extent. Instead of focusing on reading or writing, students’ minds travel to the shivering.

Junior Meredith Krecklow says, “I’d rather be focused on writing and not freezing or shivering.” Krecklow struggles to get through the day without feeling uncomfortable in the temperatures at school, which feel similar to those outside.

Valdez adds, “It’s so cold during the day. I’m always shivering by the 6th period.” Then she proceeded to put on another layer.

Students at Wilsonville are freezing cold, and struggle to find alternatives to bundling up in layers of clothing.

It’s very frustrating because I don’t know what to wear during the day because I always have to have a jacket, and that ruins my outfit.

— Talia Valdez