New school rule hinders students’ eating habits

Ordering food can be done via phone, computer, or any electronic device connected to the internet. Therefore, many students do it if they forget their lunch.

PxHere

Wilsonville High School initiated a new rule about one of many people’s favorite things: food. It states students are no longer allowed to order food to be delivered at the school during classes. Are students shocked by this rule or shocked that people are even ordering food outside of lunch time?

“I didn’t really know that people got food during lunch, it doesn’t really bother me,” says junior Dawson Ricketts. “If you want to get food then you should get it during lunch.” If individuals are needing to order food outside of lunch time because they get too hungry, perhaps they should consider packing more food with them in the morning. 

However, not everyone in the school has the luxury to pack their own lunch. “If I wanted to get my own lunch I would have to wake up earlier, but it’s much easier going out and getting food.” says junior Jack Ricketts. So many students save time and go out to lunch to grab some food, but according to the new rule it shows that students are getting food outside of lunch.

Maybe random orders of food have been piling up at the front office, creating confusion and such that is not acceptable by the school. So reasonably, the rule had to be implemented to prevent such inconvenience and random deliveries of food from happening again.