Wilsonville High School band, choir and orchestra OSAA State Competition

Wilsonville High School’s Orchestra poses for the camera after a much deserved win. Their dedication inspires onlookers. Photo provided by Caleb Green.

Wilsonville High School’s band, orchestra, and choir had an exciting week at the OSAA State Competition last week. After months of dedication and many hours of practice, all competed, leaving a lasting impression.

Wilsonville’s band won an impressive 8th place. This win is highly deserved as these individuals prepared heavily. Rock Ward expressed his pride and honor to be representing the band.

They worked very hard this year to prepare a set of music that is truly special for the judges. Ward states, “We have put in countless hours of practice and work to be able to make it to where we are now, and nobody could have prepared us better than Mr. Chad Davies.” This shoutout encapsulates the gratitude these students have for their teacher.

The orchestra also placed an astonishing 6th place in the state, demonstrating its dedication and commitment to its art. Michele Bashoury highlighted its readiness to compete and ability to push itself past its nerves while still having fun. 

Bashoury and her fellow classmates triumphed over the challenge of competing as a 5A school against 6A schools. Despite the daunting level of competition, they delivered a stunning performance that captivated the judges and onlookers alike, a testament to their resilience and talent. 

Bashoury says, “It was definitely more difficult than we expected, but the awards didn’t matter to us. We wanted to do our best no matter what, and that is what we did!”

Both Rock and Michele took the opportunity and exceled greatly in their competition at State. Both musicians shared their dedication to their craft and love for their divisions while representing Wilsonville High School.

Wilsonville’s band, orchestra and choir all showed off their musical excellence at the OSAA state competition, earning recognition for their talent and dedication. 

For the teams to not only be able to participate in the state championships, but to also place, shows off the hard work and dedication that these students have given through this year.