Wilsonville High School’s band students leave for retreat

Wilsonville+High+Schools+band+students+practices+diligently+at+their+retreat.+They+left+on+November+30th+and+returned+the+following+day.+

Caleb Yaso

Wilsonville High School’s band students practices diligently at their retreat. They left on November 30th and returned the following day.

On November 30th, many members of Wilsonville High School’s band program set out early in the morning to travel to the Oregon Coast for their annual band retreat. As students shuffled onto the bus, many were excited for the upcoming weekend, full of laughter and fun with their classmates. Their first stop was the Tillamook Cheese Factory, where they enjoyed ice cream and listened to Wilsonville High School’s choir sang, as ice cream dripped down their hands. After a trip to the Tillamook Cheese Factory, the students traveled to Twin Rocks, the location of their retreat. There, they rehearsed their music selections for the upcoming winter concert and the rest of the year.

There were many memorable moments that occurred at the retreat, When asked about his favorite memory was, Caleb Yaso (sophomore) stated, “My favorite memory was when I hung out with the other kids in the recreation area. I loved being able to meet new people and talk to people that I otherwise wouldn’t have!”

These retreats are vital for the unification of the group while becoming stronger musicians in the process. We are looking forward to seeing the hard work at the retreat pay off at their winter concert on December 15th!