Filed under Academics

NHS induction

National Honor Society is all about character, scholarship, leadership, and service. After all the hard work of volunteer hours and writing essays, the result is out for the new members of the National Honors Society. Veteran members to NHS were also waiting for that letter in the mail as well. NHS is a really good place to learn about your character and become a role model academically to underclassmen. Leadership is a huge part of the application and knowing how to be a great leader is something that everyone can value for many occasions in their life.

Parents at times may be more into NHS than some students, but it is a great opportunity to get involved in the community and be rewarded for your academic successes. Following the congratulation letter in the mail, there is an induction the following week.

This Thursday, March 14th is the NHS Induction for the 2018-2019 school year. At the induction, everyone gets called up in front of people individually and receives a pin and certificate. It is a really special time for family and friends to come and celebrate the successes of everyone admitted to NHS.

If you are interested in becoming involved in the National Honors Society visit Mrs. Etzel in the office. It is a really great experience that teaches you skills you can use in your future and have the chance to do great things in our great community of Wilsonville.

About the Writer
Kennedy Waible, Staff Writer

Kennedy is a senior at Wilsonville High School and she is a staff writer for The Paw Print. In her free time she is a varsity cheerleader at WHS and enjoys...